Koch Associate Program: 2021-2022
The Koch Associate Program (KAP) is a 10-month program that blends educational opportunities with real work experience. KAP equips associates with the principles, network, and resources to succeed as social entrepreneurs: leaders who come from all walks of life and use their unique gifts to advance positive changes in society and help people improve their lives. As a participant you will spend time working at a non-profit, research center or social change organization building the skills needed to contribute effectively in the workplace and engage in classroom learning . Our curriculum is designed to make you more effective in your role and it will equip you for long-term success in whatever ways you contribute to society.
KAP Concentrations: Aspiring social entrepreneurs with established interests in the below fields can apply to participate in a concentration focusing on that field while in KAP. This provides associates an opportunity to learn from industry experts and gain knowledge and skills in their chosen field. While the Koch Associate Program is 10-months, those who participate in a concentration may be invited to continue working at their participating organization for up to two years.
- Tech & Innovation Policy
- Healthcare Policy
- Foreign Policy
- Non-profit fundraising
What You’ll Experience
KAP will accelerate your career through a demanding curriculum and full-time employment at a non-profit or educational institute. Here’s a snapshot of what you will experience:
- Participate in the Charles Koch Institute’s student centric-learning model where you contribute and drive your learning
- Gain full-time employment at one of our participating organizations doing meaningful work
- Engage with mentors to develop your aptitudes and work towards advancing your long-term goals
- Learn and apply the principles of Market-Based Management®, our management philosophy that helps individuals and organizations solve problems, capture opportunities, and transform society
- Grow your professional network, meet peers and mentors who can support you throughout your career and join our expansive alumni network
You are seeking opportunities to grow and develop. You have a drive to identify problems and find creative solutions that lead to meaningful. As you've taken on more responsibility and grown in your career, you are excited to learn more about what it means to be an effective leader and dedicate you results r career towards tackling the major challenges of our time.
Standout Associates May Also Bring:
- Prior leadership experience, involvement, or professional work experience
- Demonstrated passion and interest in solving the most pressing issuesour society faces, transforming our world and impacting the lives of others
- Professional interest and goals in becoming a future leader
Your next opportunity to participate in the Koch Associate Program begins in Fall 2021, so apply now! The window to apply is now until May 31, 2021. Please complete your application through our website and check out our application process for more details about the program.
About the Charles Koch Institute
Learn more about Charles Koch Institute
The Charles Koch Institute believes that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. Our admissions office treats all program participants and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.